From I-89, if you want to drive through Stowe, Exit 10 (takes an extra 10 miles if you’re coming from points south):
• Interstate 89 to exit 10 ( Waterbury / Stowe)
• VT 100 North 10 miles to Stowe Village .
• At 3-way intersection with blinking red, go straight (north on VT 100). Hit your trip odometer.
• Continue north on VT100 9 miles north of Stowe Village to the village of Morrisville .
• In Morrisville Village , go straight at the red stop light and drive about a block to the fork in the road.
• At the fork in the road, turn right onto Vermont Route 12 toward Lake Elmore .
• Drive about 3 miles up Route 12.
• About 1/4 mile after the yellow round barn on your left, turn left onto Tjader Rd.
• Drive about 0.1 mile down Tjader Rd.
• Turn Right onto Richard Wolcott Rd.
• Drive about 0.3 mile on Richard Wolcott Rd. The house is on the left.
From I-89 if you want to drive directly to the The Red Barn from Montpelier (exit 8), bypassing Stowe (saves 10 miles if coming from points south):
• Interstate 89 to Exit 8 ( Montpelier )
• The exit ramp will drop you out on Memorial Drive . Drive straight for 1.1 miles.
• Turn left onto Main St (Vermont Route 12).
• Continue up Route 12 about 22 miles to the tiny town of Elmore .
• Just after the Elmore Store/Post Office (on the left) and the church (on the right), turn right onto Westphal Rd.
Westphal Rd. becomes Richard Woolcutt Rd. after 0.3 mile. Continue another mile on Richard Woolcutt Rd. The house is on the right.